Thanks to a gift from my parents, Teresa and I spent our honeymoon on a cruise to the Bahamas (Nassau and Freeport) and a night in Charleston, S.C. The trip was amazing. It was a combination of relaxation and adventure. At both ports we went on snorkeling trips. The water was clear and we were able to see fish and coral. We even tried to touch some of the blue fish, but they were fast and would swim away. When we returned to Charleston we enjoyed a day at the aquarium, sightseeing, visiting Folly Beach and kayaking at sunset.
Hanging on the Boat
Hanging at night.
Not the blue ones we were after…
Charleston marsh kayaking
On July 20th we celebrated our marriage by proclaiming our love before friends, family, and God. We are estimating that over 200 people attended to join us in celebrating our love for each other. Thanks to all those who were able to join us in person or in spirit. It was a wonderful day!
Photos by Dianna Allen (A friend, coworker, and one heck of a photographer!)
The lovely couple! (My lovely fiancée and me)
Our cake from the Rehearsal Dinner! Purple and Gold (JMU), Africa, Wycliffe, and of course, the Bible!
Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Lee
July 20th, 2013
It is true … when you are having fun, time flies. The month of June was a busy one.
- I finished up the school year of teaching with little preschoolers, packed up my classroom, and said goodbye to some amazing co-workers.
- I had two bridal showers – one in Harrisonburg and one at home in Louisa. I enjoyed spending time with friends and family celebrating.
- I spent some time in Louisa and South Boston, visiting and preparing for the wedding.
- I packed, packed, and packed some more for the move from one apartment to a new apartment just up the street in Harrisonburg. This is where Matthew and I will live till December. On Friday, June 28 we got the keys – had water, electricity and internet hooked up. Then on Saturday we had many helping hands to move my stuff to the new apartment. It took 4 truckloads and 4 vanloads. I never realized I had so much stuff! We spent a couple of days trying to arrange the apartment.
- Matthew won’t move in until after the wedding, of course.
- Check out the pictures below.
Today we are off to West Virginia for a mission trip. 14 days till the wedding! In Christian Love, Teresa
Teresa’s stuff in her old apartment.
Our new apartment (on the ground floor)
Our new kitchen!
The new living room (Part 2).
The new living room (Part 1).